Oats provides more protein and soluble dietary fiber content (Beta Glucan)than other common whole grains, in every gram. Oats are often considered the powerhouse of nutrition because they contain all three parts of the grain.
Benefits of Whole Grains like Oats:
Lowers the risk of developing heart disease.
Promotes satiety, which is important for weight management.
Decreases the chances of developing Type 2 Diabetes.
Promotes healthy digestive system
Reduces the risk of developing certain types of cancer.
Promotes healthy blood pressure.
Include these super grains in your daily diet and get many health benefits associated with them. Here is a healthy Curd Oats Recipe for you to try by Dt. Gurleen Kaur at Diet Chemistry.
- ½ Cup Oats
- ¼ Tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ Tsp Urad Dal, 5-6 Curry Leaves
- Salt To Taste
- ½ Cup Low Fat Yogurt*
- ½ Chopped & Blanched Vegetables (Carrots & Beans)
- 1 Green Chilli – Chopped For Garnish
- Dry Roast Mustard Seeds, Urad Dal, And Curry Leaves In A Pan.
- Add ¾ Cup Water With Oats And Salt. Cook For 2-3 Mins.
- Add Blanched Vegetables And Saute For 1 Min
- Turn Off Flame And Whisk In Yogurt.
- Garnish With Green Chilies And Serve.